Moving from Colchester to Havant

We've just finished moving from Colchester to Havant, and I took some photos as we unpacked the van, and thought I would make a blog post out of them, if only to remember the true chaos of moving!

Thanks to Piete's Dad, John, my Dad, Joe, Arron and Dean (all of whom are pictured on the left, manoeuvring the fridge/freezer out of the van. Piete's Dad is the one holding up the other side of the fridge/freezer, and can't be seen!) - the last 3 of whom turned up to help us unpack the van, which was extremely welcome after being up until 1am that morning packing the van, and then getting up at 6:30am to do more packing/cleaning! Piete's Dad is the one who helped us pack, and then drove the van, but you can read some more of that on Piete's blog.

This is the spare room - it's still a mess after living here for just nearly two weeks, but we're getting there!

The living room - the sofa is to the left of the picture, and is covered in stuff, and more stuff ended up in there before the end! I mostly tried to empty the car so that I could find the kettle, teabags and mugs...unfortunately the car was VERY well packed, so it took me a while, and in the end my Dad took pity on me, and went to buy teabags!

The kitchen - a lovely huge bright room, and the room that got sorted out first! It's actually finished now, bar the cooker, which Piete and I are finding out is far more difficult than you would have thought to choose, buy and then get installed!
When the house is finished I'll put up some more photos, and hopefully you'll be able to join me in loving the difference!


Comments

Popular Posts