Mr X-Stitch Workshop

Back in September, I went to a workshop that Jamie aka Mr X-Stitch  (pronounced X, and not cross, as I found out at the Handmade Fair) was running, which was hosted by Alanna of RubyxRedxHeart.

I've been cross stitching for a while, but I wanted to go and see if I learnt anything new, and meet up with other people who loved crafting!

It was a fun evening of stitching different things, and yes, I did learn a couple of new things!

That on the finger thread cutters are pretty nifty!


And I learnt how to start a piece of thread without leaving a knot behind, which was pretty useful!  Not that I've started doing that, but when I want the back of a piece of work to look very neat, I have new ideas!


Here's what I made on the night!  Jamie has made some sheets that he takes to events like this - he's got various Mario characters, which you can tell I liked!  Space Invaders, and just words were the other options, but I like the ones I've made, even if the colouring is a little unusual - spending ages to find the right thread didn't seem to be that important!

It was a good workshop, and I think it's always good to try to learn new things... even if you decide not to use them (oops!)!

I'm hoping to do a lot more crafting this year - I've promised my other half that I will stitch some silly bits onto hankerchiefs for him, and I want to learn more croquet, and there's my list of cross stitch that I want to do!  It's going to be a busy year!

Comments

Popular Posts