Recent Reads: Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris



Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed the Sookie Stackhouse books, and this made me want to read more Charlaine Harris books.

I read this book at about the same time in 2015 (odd, that!), and I enjoyed it then, but thought that was because it was because I enjoyed the Sookie Stackhouse books, but actually, they're not really alike at all.

These books have a cast of characters. Whilst we do concentrate a little more on Manfred's point of view, it shifts around, whereas in Sookie books, we stayed with Sookie!

Midnight is a strange hamlet, where no one asks about your past, or your reasons for moving to this odd little place. Some of the characters you would recognise from other books, like Manfred andBobo, but otherwise, this is a new cast, but still in the world of Sookie Stackhouse, and Lily Bard (Harris' other set of fantasy books).

Comments

Popular Posts