So why Certainly Geeky?



First, the backstory: I got married in December, and my new surname is Sartain.
We both love Lego, and this was a present at our wedding!  We restrained ourselves from building it right then and there!






I've been searching for a blog name that I could have on Facebook and Instagram, so I could say 'yay, look at what I've written', without spamming my friends and family, who might not be interested!

This blog used to be called 'A few of my favourite things', and other than being taken everywhere by everyone (and a great many variations!), I wanted something short and snappy, that was memorable, and some of my favourite blogs are Epbot, Random Nerdery, Boho Berry, Rock n Roll Bride or are people's names, such as Caroline Hirons, and I've found all of them relatively easy to remember!

I was sitting at my laptop this morning, pootling about for names, and was thinking of Geek Out, because yes, I really do that, and I have lots of enthusiasm, I'm always smiling or giggling, and I love a lot of geeky things. But, that was taken, along with lots of other variations (can you see a pattern?).

I started looking at a dictionary of Phrase and Fable, and it went into the meaning behind some words, which made me wonder about the meaning behind Sartain, which, according to Ancestry.com is "English: nickname from Old French certeyn ‘self-assured’, ‘determined’. (The phonetic change of -er- to -ar- was a normal process in Middle English)." I was reading that, and playing with the name in my head, and came to Certain, and merged it with Geeky, and Certainly Geeky was born!

I want to use this blog to write more and to record the fun things that I've done and will do!

Comments

Popular Posts