Recent Reads: Mr Doubler Begins Again by Seni Glaister

My review: 🌟🌟🌟🌟

Mr Doubler is Begins Again is about an older man, very set in his ways, and who hasn't left his potato farm for many years.  He spends his days working on the farm, and every lunch is spent talking to his cleaner.

But, life changes when his cleaner is too ill to work, and he finds himself becoming more interested in things outside of his farm for the first time in a long time.

I read a comment about enjoying this is if you enjoyed Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, and I agree, it is the same kind of journey that our protagonist goes on, with the kindness of others to help them to get more out of life.

It was a very charming book, and one that made me think of the film The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, (which I've just discovered is a book, so another for the to be read pile!).

Mr Doubler Begins Again was published on 24th January this year, and is available on Amazon, and everywhere else you can find books!

I was given this book for free in return for an unbiased review, so my thanks to NetGalley and to HQ (the publishers) for this book.

Check out my GoodReads profile to see more reviews!

Comments

Popular Posts