Recent Reads: Hinch Yourself Happy by Mrs Hinch

My review: 🌟🌟🌟🌟

Hinch Yourself Happy by Mrs Hinch is a guide for how to clean your house, and how to enjoy yourself whilst doing it!

It has a lot of stories from Mrs Hinch's personal life, such as how she met her husband, lots of recommendations for cleaning products, how to clean things, and space for you to write your own lists in, things that make you happy, and things like bits you want to declutter.

I discovered Mrs Hinch on Instagram in August last year, but I'm afraid I don't remember how, although I remember Caroline Hirons mentioned her.  

Definition: 'Hinching', which is often taken to mean cleaning, but I would define it as using one of the many hints and tips from Mrs Hinch, such as diluting fabric softner with water, put in a spray bottle, and then spray on clothes or bedding to freshen up the scent.  

You might have seen Mrs Hinch on This Morning, or in the papers!  Either way, she's got 2.4 million followers on Instagram, and inspires people to clean.  I think it's because she's the first person I've found cleaning her own home with the products, so I could trust her recommendations.

Definition: 'Hinch haul', which is buying multiple cleaning products, possibly buying more than you need, so you can stock up your Narnia (a store cupboard in your house or garage for extra supplies of cleaning products).  Popular stores to carry out a Hinch Haul: B&M, Home Bargains, Poundland, little shops with cleaning products in.  Products typically purchased: cleaning products Mrs Hinch uses, cleaning clothes, and baskets for storing these things in!

I thought this book is an ideal gift to give to someone leaving home for the first time, or first time buyers, because there's lots of information on how to clean things, and how to make your house a home.  

Whilst there is a contents page, I think this book could have benefited from an index page, and it would have turned a nice book into a really useful home help!

You might have noticed there's some grey creeping into this post, and that's because Mrs Hinch's home is very grey! When I first saw a photo, I thought she had been playing with filters!  Her book is also a pale grey, and a Dave the duster in silver.


Hinch Yourself Happy was published on 4th April 2019, and is available on Amazon  to buy on Kindle and on Waterstones.  I've found a link to where you can search for local bookshops, including independent!

Check out my GoodReads profile to see more reviews!

Comments

Popular Posts