Recent Reads: The Butterfly Room by Lucinda Riley

 My review: 🌟🌟🌟🌟

The Butterfly Room by Lucinda Riley is about Posy Montague, and her family.  We start the book with Posy as a young girl, during the Second World War, with her father, the parent she adores, going off to war to fly planes again shortly, but in the meantime, they are loving playing together.

We switch between Posy's younger life, and her life currently, a widow, with two sons, one of whom is just coming home after 10 years in Australia.  Her other son lives in the village, with his wife, and their two young children, and he is forever asking his mother for money for another venture. 

We go through the ups and downs of family problems, and family joys. I've read all of the books in the Seven Sisters series (and reviewed the first one here.), and I think Lucinda Riley is very good at creating a family atmosphere, and taking you on a journey.

The Butterfly Room was published on 2nd May 2019,  and is available to buy on Amazon  and on Waterstones.  I've found a link to where you can search for local bookshops, including independent!

I was given this book for free in return for an unbiased review, so my thanks to NetGalley and to Macmillan (the publishers) for this book.

Check out my GoodReads profile to see more reviews!

Comments

Popular Posts