A very merry Lego Christmas

I've only really discovered that I like Lego in the last 6 months, and in that time have made Wall-e, a Halloween scenea pen pot, and now a lot of Lego that my other half got me for Christmas - hurrah!

There was an offer on, so I had to have both sets that I was eyeing up, in order to get the cute gingerbread house for free, so I've had a huge amount to make, and it's been great!
The lovely gingerbread house, which seems to no longer be on the Lego website!

We started Christmas early, with gundam building for my other half (I really do feel like I need a good nickname for him - Pioneer Woman has Marlboro Man, which fits her husband to a tee, but I will have to think on this - any suggestions are welcome!), and I had Lego - I knew what I was getting, as I had chosen it, and had it delivered with my name on it!  We started Christmas on Christmas Eve, just after lunch, when he came home early from work - hurrah!

I started on  the gingerbread house (in the picture above), and then moved onto Santa's Workshop, as that seemed the most appropriate!  We were out for most of Christmas Day, so I finished it on Boxing Day, with my other half assuring me that waking him up to find a particular brick, or if something had gone wrong, would be fine! (And this from a man who doesn't bounce out of bed on Christmas Day, wanting to open presents at the crack of dawn...!  Lego is serious stuff!)



It was a really nice kit, and I love the way it's come out! And I much prefer this Santa to the one on the fridge magnet - I've decided it's his ZZ Top beard that doesn't really work for him!


This is the reverse - look at all the wonderful detail! There are stickers galore on this, and I love the seat with all the letters in the top left!

Once I had the workshop displayed as I wanted it, it was time to move on to the next bit of Lego, and this is one that I'll be playing with often throughout the year!  It's a seasonal house!




There are only 3 seasons on it currently, but I think I'll switch out the Christmas tree and snow machine for some flowers and.... I'm not sure... umbrella?

It has Summer, Autumn and Winter, and I'm really pleased with how it's come out!


Again, this has an inside, but it's one you can't really see in this picture...



Until you press on the light brick - all hail the light brick!  I thought this was amazing, and really enjoyed trying to work out how it was going to look in the finished article!

For my Christmas lego, I've kept all of the instructions, and the spare bits!  My plan is to dis-assemble all of these, and put them back together in December 2016, which will be like another Christmas present!  I'm really excited, especially as we should have moved by then, so there should be a proper amount of space to display them!

I have re-sealable sandwich bags for the spare parts, and I will make sure they go into the right bag, so that I don't have to look through 883 pieces to find the one that I want!

For the seasonal one, I've done something similar - I have used the sandwich bags, except for the seasonal one, you do have to look at all the pieces at once, and try to find the particular piece you need, which isn't always as easy as I feel it should be!

I hope you've enjoyed looking at my Lego, because I have a feeling this won't be my last post on it...and something very exciting is coming out on 1st January (Ghostbuster's Firehouse!!!)

Comments

Popular Posts