Lobster necklace workshop at Tatty Devine, London

One of my leaving gifts from my old work was a Tatty Devine workshop, for making a lobster necklace, which I went to late last year.

It was at their Brick Lane shop in London.  You get to go into the shop when it's closed, and spend about an hour and a half making whatever the workshop is for, and then the shop opens to the general public!

At the end of the workshop, you get to spend some time in the shop, looking around, and you get discount that you can use that day in the shop, to buy any bits that you've been lusting over for a while!  All in all, it's a lovely way to spend a morning!



For the lobster workshop, there weren't many choices that you had to make, other than what colour chain and jump rings you want to use - either gold or silver, and where to put the sparkly bits!



You put together the bits whilst they're covered in plastic, which is pretty useful as it means you are far less likely to scratch the plastic as you put the bits together!


The downside to the bits being covered in plastic is that you have to take the plastic off, which isn't a fast job!


I chose silver for my jump rings and chain, and decided to go with the placement of the sparkly bits as they had them on the sheet!  I know that's not very exciting, but I liked the way that they looked!


And here is my finished lobster!  Slight diversion, but every time I say 'lobster', all i can hear is Iliza Shlesinger, (who is an American comedian, who has a couple of stand up comedy shows on Netflix) talking about lobster on a date - you can watch it on Netflix, and the show is Warpaint!  Go forth and enjoy it!


The awesome artwork above is an original that I bought when I was in the shop, and it's currently filed away, waiting for wall space!  This kickass Aries woman is wearing the Aries necklace from Tatty Devine, which came out the day before I went to the workshop!

Comments

Popular Posts