Recent Reads: The Last by Hanna Jameson


My review: πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸ

The Last is a very tense, and unsettling post apocalyptic story of survival, and the discovery of a murdered young girl, all seen through the eyes of Jon Keller, who writes 'A Narrative Chronicle of the Initial Postnuclear Months by Possibly the Last Living Historian'.

I did really enjoy this book,  and Hanna Jameson worked the tension so well in the book that I spent most of the time wanting to know what happened next, but being worried about what it would be.

Jameson has Jon say in his narrative 'I think it was Stephen King who said that the sum of all human fear is just a door left slightly ajar.' and yes, I'm sure Jameson pulls every trick to get your heart racing and the page turning.

My advice to you is to not read this book whilst listening to any music that might in any way add to the tension, because it really doesn't need it, and I might have completely unsettled myself enough to want some Disney to make it all right again!  


The Last by Hanna Jameson is due to be published on 31st January 2019.  Here's the pre-order link from Amazon!

I was given this book for free in return for an unbiased review, so my thanks to NetGalley and Viking (the publishers) for this book.

Check out my GoodReads profile for more reviews.

Comments

Popular Posts