Recent Reads: The Seven Sisters by Lucinda Riley

My review: 🌟🌟🌟🌟

The Seven Sisters introduces use to Maia and her five other sisters and their billionaire adopted father, Pa Salt.

They were named after the Seven Sisters stars, and they (like us) expected there to be a seventh sister, but I think that is one of the mysteries in this book, along with who Pa Salt was to jet around the world and adopt all of these girls, and then take them to his home in Switzerland, to his house called Atlantis.

The Seven Sisters is the start of what I think of as family saga.  We're going to be looking in depth at each of the sisters, with a book per sister.  This first book belongs to Maia, the eldest, where we join her just as she learns of Pa Salt's death, who leaves her, and the other sisters, clues to their biological family, and how learning about her great grandmother helps Maia understand herself.

I haven't read any of the other books yet, and I would like to, and whilst I am a bit worried that these will be formulaic, at the same time, I really enjoyed this story, so I will read the next one (The Storm Sister), and see how that is!  

The reason I read The Seven Sisters is because the fifth book in the series, The Moon Sister, is being published on 1st November, and I was interested enough in how that looked to want to read from the beginning (that's how I roll! Book series, podcasts, tv shows, all are consumed from the beginning!).

If you'd like to be whisked away to exotic locations, then I think this book series is going to be for you, as each of the sisters are very different, and live in different parts of the world!

The Seven Sisters by Lucinda Riley is available now in all good book shops and libraries, but here's a link for Amazon in case that's how you best buy books!

The Moon Sister by Lucinda Riley is due to be published on 1st November 2018.  Here's the pre-order link from Amazon!

I was given this book for free in return for an unbiased review, so my thanks to NetGalley and Pan Macmillan (the publishers) for this book.

Check out my GoodReads profile for more reviews.

Comments

Popular Posts