Recent Reads: The Hairy Hand by Robin Bennett

My review: 🌟🌟🌟🌟


This is a YA fantasy book, with a young boy of 11 called Septimus as our hero.  He lives with his two horrible parents, who tell him one day that his Uncle has died (whom he has never heard of before), and has left him something which he needs to go and collect.

It's a long journey, and one he is to do on his own.  That's the type of parents he has.

I found this book to be quite different.  Instead of telling the story of his journey to his Uncle's and back again, it tells us about people.

I really liked this as a twist.  His adventure is his family, not the journey he undertakes.

The Hairy Hand was published on 19th January 2019,  and is available to buy on Amazon  and on Waterstones.  I've found a link to where you can search for local bookshops, including independent!


I couldn't find a website or any social media for Robin Bennett, so I'm afraid no link for that today!

If you're interested in YA fantasy books, then here's some others I've reviewed:
We hunt the night by Hafsah Faizal ðŸŒŸðŸŒŸðŸŒŸðŸŒŸ
Brotherhood of Shades by Dawn Finch ðŸŒŸðŸŒŸðŸŒŸ

I was given this book for free in return for an unbiased review, so my thanks to NetGalley and to Monster Books (the publishers) for this book.

Check out my GoodReads profile to see more reviews!

Comments

Popular Posts