Recent Reads: Brotherhood of Shades by Dawn Finch

My review: 🌟🌟🌟

Brotherhood of Shades is a YA fantasy book by Dawn Finch, for whom this is her debut novel.  She has also written a number of non-fiction books on historical sites, and I can see her love of history in Brotherhood of Shades.

Adam is a teenager, who dies at the beginning of the book, but whose shade is important to a secret organisation called The Brotherhood of Shades, whose purpose is to deal with poltergeists and other unhappy spirits.

This is a book that is set in present day, with some trips down memory lane to 1666 for example, where we experience the Great Fire of London.

I don't read many YA books, and so found it to be slow in places and giving a little too much explanation, and I'm not sure if that was due to it being YA or not!

Brotherhood of Shades is to be published on 22nd April this year, and will be available on Amazon and Waterstones to pre-order, and everywhere else you can find books!

I was given this book for free in return for an unbiased review, so my thanks to NetGalley and to Stirling Publishing and Stone Cold Fox Press (the publishers) for this book.

Check out my GoodReads profile to see more reviews!

Comments

Popular Posts