Blllluueeeee!

Recently I left my job, and whilst working my notice period, I realised a couple of things - one was that I didn't have to get up in the mornings horribly early (but I still do) and the other was that I could have my hair whatever colour I pleased!

Turns out, the colour I wanted was blue! My inspiration was Kat from Rock n Roll Bride!


Who is very blue! I loove her hair - my other half tells me that I'm going through my rebellious phase, so I figure let's run with that!

So I booked at appointment, and the countdown to leaving work was also the countdown to amazing (and scary) new hair!

Brighton Pavilion was right next to the hairdressers

I went to a hairdressers in Brighton, called Venus Hair Design, and the lovely Hannah warned me that I probably wouldn't go light enough when my hair was bleached to go the same blue, and asked me if I still wanted to go ahead.  My answer was more or less 'hell yes!'

And so began the bleaching....



I've now learnt that getting your hair bleached this much is pretty itchy!  I'm kinda sad that I didn't get a Khalessi picture as I've been calling it - with the white blonde hair, and the dark eyebrows, but Hannah washed the bleach out, and then painted the blue on whilst I was in the sink, and I could have asked to take a picture, but I didn't have my phone or glasses, so I'll leave that for the next time I try for white blonde!

So we're going to go from being bleached to after being blue'd and having that left for a while and then washed out!

Yup, I'm pretty pleased with the colour!
 And the back view...



Hannah was really excited to see it all dry (as was I, obviously!), and she was lovely enough to take a bunch of pictures of the back for me - the one above, and then all of the below of me with beautiful bluey green hair, all lovely and dry!





I've sent a bunch of pictures to people, and some of the reactions have made me laugh - mermaid hair has been the commonest, closely followed by 'I really didn't think it would look good, but it really does!'

So that might be the lesson of going blue - go for what you want, and the rest will catch up in their own time!

If you don't know me, then you wouldn't know this, but before recently, I haven't really taken that many selfies... you are now about to be inundated with pictures to prove that isn't the case anymore!








And that's it, I promise!  I'm now fading from this to a lighter bluey green, but I'm still loving the colour, and going for a top up in October!

Comments

Popular Posts