Magical Readathon update 1

Hello from the end of my first week of the Magical Readathon!  If you're not sure what that is, have a look at my first post on it!

For these N.E.W.T's, I'm aiming for  O in Ancient Runes, E in Defence Against the Dark Arts, and E in History of Magic, so that I can choose the career of Librarian!

What I've been reading!


Ancient Runes

A: Ehwaz (partnership) - read a book recommended by a friend

I've read 'I Kill Giants' by Joe Kelly.  It's about a little girl who talks a lot about killing giants whilst everyone else goes about their normal daily lives.  


This was a lovely graphic novel, and one that made me cry.











Defence Against the Dark Arts

A: Book that's black under the dust cover

I can't remember how I found My Favorite Murder, but I've loved the podcast ever since, and as I'm up to date on their many episodes, and have tickets for their live show when they tour the UK this autumn, you might have an idea of how much I love it!

I really enjoyed Stay Sexy and Don't Get Murdered!  This was a look at the hosts, Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark, and a little more about them as individuals and as hosts of a podcast that basically exploded due to popularity.  There is also some awesome fan art!



And that's it for week 1!  I read some other books as well, but they didn't count towards the Magical Readathon!

Comments

Popular Posts