Recent Reads: The Liar in the Library by Simon Brett

My review: 🌟🌟🌟


The Liar in the Library by Simon Brett has an author give a talk at a library, and then wind up dead, which leads to two local women investigating his murder.

This is actually number 18 in the series set in the same little Sussex town, but there wasn't anything to put off you reading it if you haven't read the other books!  I didn't see any in-jokes, or references to things that had happened before that I couldn't understand.

It's a cosy crime, which means it's quite light, without too much danger for our heroines, and is a quick read.

Funnily enough, Simon Brett came to talk at Portsmouth MysteryFest, where he performed a 45 minute monologue called 'Lines of Enquiry', and so reading the beginning of this book reminded me very much of that event!

The Liar in the Library was published on 6th June 2019,  and is available to buy on Amazon  and on Waterstones.  I've found a link to where you can search for local bookshops, including independent!

I was given this book for free in return for an unbiased review, so my thanks to NetGalley and to Blackthorn (the publishers) for this book.

Check out my GoodReads profile to see more reviews!

Comments

Popular Posts