I'm a bit of a cross stitch fan


I think I was introduced to stitching by my Gran, in birthday and Christmas presents.  I still have most of the finished items languishing in a bag, because I can never be bothered to make them into the finished article, or display them.  There  is only 1 piece on permanent display in my house, and that's because my Mum had it framed!



The kit came from a trip my parents and 2 sisters took to the US years ago.

It's only been in the last five years that I've re-discovered stitching, and found that actually, it can be fun, and that I want to show off what I make!

I found Cross Stitcher magazine, and started making their free kits, and then went on to more ambitious projects.
This is one piece from Cross Stitcher magazine that now goes up every Christmas!


I just need to go back to the one of London, and re-do the phone box in blue!




The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery was one of the first places I discovered that I actually wanted to buy everything from!  I signed up for their subscription packages that Christmas (2012, I believe!) after watching people having so much fun on facebook and instagram sewing the patterns, and then showing them off!




These were both released for people to stitch in late 2013, and yes, I am trying to fill the walls at Christmas time apparently!

I've liked making random bits for people, like Jen from Epbot and Cakewrecks when I sewed Princess Buttercup and Wesley from The Princess Bride, with the pattern from Wee Little Stitches on Etsy.


My works in progress would take up a much longer post, which I might do, just to shame myself into finishing something, and also as a reason to tidy up the mess that my stitching storage area is (no, really, I can't show you a photo of that!)

But I will say that I love Felicity Hall's Bird and Peony clutch and that I really really want to get one of Hannah Bass's maps - I want to do the light London one, and then each of the others, but I really feel I need to have visited first, before I can stitch them! Anyone else feel a lot of holidays coming on?

I'm looking forward to spending some more time stitching for this Autumn, especially as I'm visiting the Handmade Fair in September, and want to go to the Knitting and Stitching Show in October!

Hope this hasn't been too boring, or that at least you enjoyed skimming the pictures!


Comments

Popular Posts