The kitchen

This is a post I found in my drafts (from 2010, need I say more!), and it really captured a time for me which I had completely forgotten about!  So I thought I'd publish it now....


As you'll have noticed from the post below, we've recently moved, and what you might have noticed is that the kitchen has a hole in it, that looks suspiciously like a cooker shaped hole. And it is.

We were living off microwave meals (Innocent veg pots - yum!) until I realised that I could actually dig out the slow cooker, and cook in a very slow manner. So that's what we've been doing, along with researching how to cook rice, and boil potatoes, in a microwave!

We are going to buy a cooker, but we're taking the opportunity to work out what we want in a cooker - something that's going to cook good food, that I'm not going to get too frustrated with (I can handle electric hobs, but it doesn't mean that I like them!), and that's going to be a good investment, and of course, isn't going to cost the Earth to run! And in the meantime, we've bought a combination microwave - so we'll actually have something that I can use as an oven, and that might actually work for me every time, unlike the microwave, which has always shown me that it belongs to Piete by not cooking things for me. The classic example was a couple of weeks ago, when I made 2 lots of hot chocolate - 1 for Piete, and 1 for me. Guess which one was hot, and which was cold! And I didn't do anything different.

I'm looking forward to the chance to bake things again - I've bought some cookie cutters recently, and it'll be great to have the chance to use them!


Comments

Popular Posts