Recent Reads: The Lady In The Cellar by Sinclair McKay

My review: 🌟🌟🌟🌟

A true crime book that takes you to the late 19th century home in London where a body is discovered in the cellar, but whodunnit?

You get introduced to all of the people who lived there, and get glimpses into their lives, scandals and all.  You meet the victim, the suspects, and get taken to the courtrooms to hear the testimony through first hand accounts that are used throughout this book.  This gives a sense of immediacy, and a taste for how things really were, including prisons, and lunatic asylums.

I read a lot of murder mystery books, as my shelves on GoodReads will show you, and this was an entertaining read as it kept you guessing as to who the murderer actually was, and what the motive was.

The Lady In The Cellar by Sinclair McKay is out now in hardback.  It is available in a giveaway on GoodReads!

I was given this book for free in return for an unbiased review, so my thanks to NetGalley and White Lion Publishing (the publishers) for this book.

Check out my GoodReads profile for more reviews.

Comments

Popular Posts