Recent Reads: Ragnarok Unwound by Kristin Jacques





I recently joined NetGalley, where you can receive books for free if you review them, which  sounds like heaven to me!  This is the first book that I've received, I read it pretty quickly, and so here is my review!

On the day of her 18th birthday, Ikepela Ives gained the power to unwind the fates of gods, goddesses, and other demi beings, and lost the woman who could have taught her how to use the power, her mother. It's been three years since then, and she has only used her powers once since then, and resisted every other attempt to get her to use them.

But now, Ragnarok has begun, and Ives is called on to help stop it.  And so begins a mission to save the world, with Ives gaining allies as she goes.

This was an enjoyable fantasy story, with good pacing throughout the book, a good plot, with twists and turns, and Norse mythology liberally sprinkled throughout, and I do enjoy mythology!

I've given this book 4 out of 5 stars for it's readability, and how it draws you in (I read this in a day).  

Ragnarok Unwound is due to be published on 8th January 2019, and I would really recommend you have a read!

If you'd like to read more of my reviews, you can either have a look at the label of Book Reviews on here, or look at my GoodReads profile!


Comments

Popular Posts