Recent Reads: Ruth Robinson's Year of Miracles a summer hit or miss

My review: 🌟🌟🌟

Ruth Robinson's Year of Miracles by Frances Garrood is a light read, looking at how Ruth has ended up living with her uncles, pregnant, with her Anglican parents unhappy, and the Catholic cleaner ecstatic that the Virgin Mary has appeared on the back of the hen house.

There are lots of different characters in here, with the eccentric twin uncles, who like to play up to an audience, and Amos, father of the child, last seen somewhere in the world!

I thought this was OK, but I had problems with some aspects, like Amos being uncontactable due to changing mobile numbers, and that being misplaced.  To me, it felt a little forced, and in this day and age where everyone has social media, email (especially for a musician looking for a job), and mobile phones, a bit unlikely.

Ruth Robinson's Year of Miracles was published on 9th August 2018, and is available on Amazon  to buy on Kindle and on Waterstones to pre-order the hardback, which is coming out on 16th May this year.  I've found a link to where you can search for local bookshops, including independent!

I was given this book for free in return for an unbiased review, so my thanks to NetGalley and to Sapere Books (the publishers) for this book.

Check out my GoodReads profile to see more reviews!

Comments

Popular Posts