Magical Readathon Final Update

At the end of my second week reading for the Magical Readathon, I've read....

E: Book written in past tense

We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal.  This is a Netgalley book for me, and is written in past tense.  I tried to choose one that was due out recently.  

I enjoyed the story, about a visit to a magical island, with the fate of the world in the hands of a few.

You can have a read of my review here!





O: Book that has been on your To Be Read for ages

So, I've gone for the oldest book on my Netgalley, which is The Island by Ragnar Jónasson.

It's a nordic noir, set in Iceland.  Four people visit an island, and one of them dies.  It is tense, with a death ten years ago having an impact on the story.  

You can read my review of it here!






History of Magic

A: Read a fantasy

The Poppy War by R. F. Kuang!  A book that I bought on impulse as it was on offer on Kindle one day!  


E: Read a book that includes a map

The Dragon Republic by R.F. Kuang.  Another Netgalley book, and the sequel to the Poppy War, so why not!  It does have a map in it, I checked!





You can read my review for both of these books here!

I enjoyed the challenge, but I picked two big books, and started the challenge late, and so when I didn't manage to read the books in the time in August, I wasn't motivated to post this, but here we are, finally!

Comments

Popular Posts