Recent Reads: The Confession by Jessie Burton

My review: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

The Confession by Jessie Burton tells two stories.  One is set in 1980, where Elise meets Connie, a successful writer, and follows her to Los Angeles.  The other story is set in 2017, where we follow Rose, who is trying to find out why her mother abandoned her and her father.  

Rose's journey in to the past leads her to take on a false name, with a false past, and start working for Connie as an assistant.

I really enjoyed The Confession, and wanted to find out the answers that Rose was searching for, and understand what happened.  It wraps up well, and I thought the characters were great!

Jessie Burton is the author of The Miniaturist, which had great success, and was turned into a TV series, and The Muse, which I think I need to read now!

The Confession was published on 19th September 2019,  and is available to buy on Amazon  and on Waterstones.  Waterstones has signed editions!  I've found a link to where you can search for local bookshops, including independent!

You can follow Jessie Burton on Instagram, or through her website.

If you're interested in a self discovery book with the same kind of feel, then I'd suggest City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert.

I was given this book for free in return for an unbiased review, so my thanks to NetGalley and to Pan Macmillan (the publishers) for this book.

Check out my GoodReads profile to see more reviews!

Comments

Popular Posts