Recent Reads: Before the Coffee Gets Cold by Toshikazu Kawaguchi

 My review: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟


Before the Coffee Gets Cold by Toshikazu Kawaguchi is a quick little book, which is set in a cafe where there is one seat that if you sit in, and drink coffee, you'll be able to travel in time.  But, you have to drink the coffee before it gets cold, or you won't return!

The book has four stories in it, and you see different people coming in to time travel.  It's a science fiction book as it has time travel, but that is the limit of the sci-fi!  It is telling you about the people, their lives, and how the time travel affects them.

I really enjoyed this book. It was light, and refreshingly different as it was written in Japanese, and released in Japan first, and has now been translated.

Before The Coffee Gets Cold was published on 19th September 2019,  and is available to buy on Amazon  and on Waterstones.  I've found a link to where you can search for local bookshops, including independent!

You can follow Toshikazu Kawaguchi on Goodreads.  I'm afraid I couldn't find their website, or social media!

If you're interested in self discovery books, then here's some others I've reviewed:
I was given this book for free in return for an unbiased review, so my thanks to NetGalley and to Pan Macmillan (the publishers) for this book.

Check out my GoodReads profile to see more reviews!

Comments

Popular Posts