Recent films: Die Hard (26th December)

Ah, Die Hard!  It's a film that it became fun to say was a festive film, and it's especially funny as it's true!  It's also a change from all of the other Christmas films in that there is a whole bunch more death in this film than in any of the others I've reviewed for this Christmas!

Why do I think this is a festive film?  It has the angst of parents trying to do the best for their kids, especially when they live apart.  It has a Christmas party, with people doing things they really should know better than to do.  It has the amazing sweatshirt saying: 
'Now I have a machine gun 
Ho-Ho-Ho '
which you can buy on Amazon, Etsy and probably lots of other places!  I'm pretty should that all together, that makes it a Christmas film!

I saw a version of this tweet for the first time this Christmas Eve, and it really made me laugh:


So yes, Die Hard is a Christmas film for me!  If it isn't for you, that's fine, and if there's a film that sums up Christmas for you that I've not reviewed yet, let me know!  I've got ideas for what I'm going to watch for the rest of this Christmas period, but what about next Christmas?!



Comments

Popular Posts