Recent films: The Holiday (27th December)

My rating: 🔔🔔🔔🔔

Ah, it's time for The Holiday!  

This was another re-watch because I enjoy the film!  Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz swapping homes for Christmas whilst both try to get over guys is a film that probably wouldn't be made these days, as pointed out by my husband!  

They are getting over guys, and meeting new ones.  So quite a male centric film, which I didn't spot until he pointed it out to me.  I think writing these blog posts has made me more analytical in that way, but I'm still not sure I would have noticed that!

Any way, I enjoy the film, and the differences in the houses, even if the "English cottage" has an American cooker, and of course an American stove top kettle (those are the things I notice in films...)

I think it's a light hearted romance, where you are cheering the women on in getting over their heart breaks, and wanting more for them.  

There's not many days left in December, and so I'm picking films I want to watch, and might mix in some that I've not seen before!  You'll have to wait and see what else I'm watching!

Comments

Popular Posts