Recent films: The Grinch (29th December)

My rating: 🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔

How The Grinch Stole Christmas starring Jim Carrey is a film that I've loved for I don't remember how many years!

The Grinch lives near Whoville, where everyone loves Christmas maybe a little too much!  The Grinch hates Christmas, and hates Who's.  Some of them share his dislike, and others are scared of the rumours about his.

A little girl starts doubting the meaning of Christmas, is the one who wants to know more about the Grinch, and so starts a chain of circumstances that brings about the Grinch stealing Christmas.

I like the mix of the cartoon with the reality, such as the hole that Max makes when thrown into the snow.  I enjoy Jim Carrey's humour in the film, and his physicality.

I enjoy the social commentary that there is throughout the film - that people think Christmas is only about presents, and are obsessed with outdoing each other.  This is a film that presents things in a different way, and I enjoyed all of it!


Comments

Popular Posts