Recent films: A Gingerbread Romance (2nd December)

My rating: 🔔🔔🔔🔔

Hello, and yes, I'm going for 1 film a day throughout December, and I'm not regretting my life choices (she says, on day 2!).

Happily, I'm starting doing this with a backlog of films to tell you about, as I've been recording and watching them in November, and my DVR box is looking pretty full, which can only mean there's more Christmas films to tell you about!

Enough about the behind the scenes of this, and more about this film!

A Gingerbread Romance was a great film as far as Christmas films go!

Taylor is an architect who believes her way is the best way.  She's very used to moving around as she's done it her whole life, and she's up for a promotion which will mean another city.  But, for Christmas, she's at home, and her architecture firm wants her to take part in a life size gingerbread house competition, and to work with a baker to do this.

Adam is a talented baker in a very repetitive role at a bakery.  He dreams of one day having his own bakery.  He gets dragged into helping Taylor with the gingerbread house competition, and he and his young daughter helps Taylor to remember what Christmas is about.

This did make me feel like it was Christmas, and whilst I winced at the piping, I did enjoy the story!


Comments

Popular Posts