Recent films: Mr Christmas (5th December)

My rating: 🔔🔔🔔

Mr Christmas aka The Perfect Christmas Present is about Tom, whose job is to find the perfect present for your mother, brother, or in this case, an old fraternity brother's girlfriend.  

Tom does this by immersing himself in how the person thinks, so he can know the person very well.  What's especially stark is the boyfriend not knowing his girlfriend, and forever dashing off to meetings or working out, and so you get the impression he's not making the effort with her.

This felt more like a romcom than a Christmas film.  It was about Tom getting to know Jenny, and falling for her.  It's interesting writing these reviews as I reflect on what the films make me remember as I write about them, and there's often a Christmas scene that I remember.  I'm really struggling with this one!

I think my conclusion on this is that it was an enjoyable film, but not a Christmas one. It was light and funny in places, but it was also pretty cheesy, which isn't always a negative!

Comments

Popular Posts