Recent films: My Christmas Prince (1st December)

My review: 🔔🔔🔔

Channel 5 in the UK has been showing at least 1 Christmas film a day since the beginning of November.  I've recorded a lot of them, and thought we could have some fun with Christmas film of the day throughout December!

We're going to go in the order that I've watched them, and yes, I've got a little list that I've been keeping track of it all on!

I've decided to have my rating in bells, because I think Christmas films have their own standards, and it's Christmas-y!

Starting us off is My Christmas Prince.  Very similar name to the Netflix film series (A Christmas Prince, from 2017), I know, but welcome to Christmas films!  You're going to notice some similarities as we go along!

Samantha and her boyfriend Alex are happy in New York, but it's Christmas, so she wants to go home, and he decides to follow her.  Alex hasn't told her exactly who he is - not just an ambassador, but the Crown Prince of a small European country.

She shows him her small town Christmas, and he unwittingly shows her what it would be like to be royal, along with the paparazzi and invasion of privacy.

This is a made for TV movie from 2017, and it was OK.  It didn't make me feel very Christmas-y, but it involved a lot of Christmas activities.

Not one I would bother watching again, but it was fine as background.

Title wise, as it's so similar to the Netflix films, I'm not going to hold this against either as we know films of the same type of name, about the same things are common, for example; Antz and A Bug's Life, The Illusionist and The Prestige and Churchill and The Darkest Hour.

I hope you enjoyed 

Comments

Popular Posts